libesmtp??

installed balsa 1.1.5
i've been trying to understand how to set up libesmtp to work but with no clue so far...
as i understand the difference is that i will send my mail to my isp account and have it sent from there??
is this correct??
i like the ability to change the sender address (can i still do this??).

and besides all this i can not send my mail:
thought that leaving it on localhost:25 woud use my local MTA but i keep getting errors.

where can i find a little info on how to use my own mta in balsa 1.1.5 or is there a way of compiling balsa without esmtp support?
all i see is --with-esmtp (but the default is already to yes???? no way out?)

thanx a lot
brokkolo

ps: could the url regexp work eaven for something like www.balsa.net  (without http:// ) ???