Multiple accounts & more

Ciao to all the mailing list
I'm a real beginner coming from Windows NT (noone is perfect! ;)[1] and
slowly moving to gnu/Linux.
BTW I used the red-carpet to install the full gnome family on a RH7.1

[IMAP]
I strongly need imap to manage emails onto the corporate Exchange Server. I
put the smtp address in the "preferences" windows as external server and
created the 4 typical boxes (in, out, sent, draft) and set them up as
"default".

Q. Works, but there isn't a copy of the sent msg in the sent box.
Probably I made some error; for example I don't understand the difference
between define mailboxes and define folders (I never used the latter).

Q. The server is on the other side of a WAN so the first time I access a
mailbox Balsa needs minutes; there's a way to permanently "cache" locally
msgs? (my inbox e.g. is 900 msgs)

[SMTP]
I have some other personal accounts and I don't want to have them moving
through the company server; I'd have to define at least one other smtp
server; touch upon heresy ;) saying Outlook Express is quite perfect? "One
account=one set of definition"!

Thank you in advance and GREAT JOB, thank again!
Paolo
[1] uhu, yep... not fully moved :(
[2] Sorry my poor English