Re: Local characters

On 2001.03.30 04:21:30 -0300 Pawel Salek wrote:

> On 2001-03-30 02:42 Daniel Serodio wrote:
> >Iīm having a similar, but wierder problem :) When my friends
> > email me from hotmail, I canīt see Latin-1 (ISO8859-1) chars. But,
> > when someone replies to that message (in a mailing list, so I get this
> > reply), I can see the quoted text alright.
>
> This might be simpler than you think. It happens often that messages
> have no content-type specification but contain characters out of
> US-ASCII charset. To verify it, browse your mailbox with more or less
> and make sure the message has line similar to the following one:
> content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
> (this is not the only one necessary but its presence is a best
> indicator).
>
> Anyway, I do not claim that balsa can handle all the
> internationalization issues smoothly but I think it behaves right most
> of the time. I think we could make it more tolerant and give the user
> chance to enforce the charset used for message displaying.

	I checked it with less, and the message I can't see (the one from
hotmail) has "Content-Type: text/plain".
	However, the one I _can_ see, has the wrong charset specified!!!

	Beats me... BTW, why doesn't these headers show up when I choose
"View All Headers"?

--
Daniel Serodio (lobo on irc)        |    /V\    www.linux.org