Re: Local characters

On 2001-03-30 02:42 Daniel Serodio wrote:
>Iīm having a similar, but wierder problem :) When my friends
> email me from hotmail, I canīt see Latin-1 (ISO8859-1) chars. But,
> when someone replies to that message (in a mailing list, so I get this
> reply), I can see the quoted text alright.

This might be simpler than you think. It happens often that messages
have no content-type specification but contain characters out of
US-ASCII charset. To verify it, browse your mailbox with more or less
and make sure the message has line similar to the following one:
content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
(this is not the only one necessary but its presence is a best
indicator).

Anyway, I do not claim that balsa can handle all the
internationalization issues smoothly but I think it behaves right most
of the time. I think we could make it more tolerant and give the user
chance to enforce the charset used for message displaying.

/Pawel

--
Pawel Salek (pawsa@theochem.kth.se) http://www.theochem.kth.se/~pawsa/
Theoretical Chemistry Division, KTH voice: +46 8 790-8202