Re: balsa MDN reply patches (long, sorry...)

On 2001-03-16 15:29 Albrecht Dreß wrote:
> during the last days I had time to almost finish my patches to enable
> the Message Disposition Notification (MDN) reply feature in balsa I
> announced ~3 months ago. There are still a few smaller problems
> remaining (see below), but I attach a first version of the patches

Thanks for the patch, I am sorry it took me so long to evaluate it but
it seems it is pretty ok. I just have some minor comments concerning the
programming style:

- when modyfying files in libmutt, mark the modificaitons with /* BALSA
*/ comments so when we upgrade this part from mutt, we will know what
has to stay.

- we use in balsa code slightly different indentation scheme.

- the rfc2298_address_equal is not bullet-proof. It could not find out
that addresses

Pawel Salek <pawsa@theochem.kth.se>
and
pawsa@theochem.kth.se
are identical.

> * If I understand rfc-2298 correctly, the reply's Content-Type should
>   be multipart/report, but balsa (or libmutt?) always generates
>   multipart/mixed. No idea how I could fix this without too many
>   changes, and I also have no idea how I could add the option
>   "report-type=disposition-notification" to this line. I guess it will
>   not break the functionality, though.

I guess we could talk with mutt guys about it, if they are going to
implement something similar, to avoid duplication of the effort.

> * I would like to set the charset in the reply correctly, but
>   different from the normal send operation I have no idea what the
>   user selected the last time (and this might be incorrect). As a
>   simple solution I could use gnome_i18n_get_language() to find the
>   correct charset in the locales array of src/sendmsg-window.c (and
>   use find_locale_index_by_locale), but then there would be bigger
>   changes. Currently I use ISO-8859-1, but do you have an idea to
>   improve this?

I am not sure if there is optimal solution. The best choice IMO would be
to use the charset of the mail that contains the MDN request. Hm...

> * Translations of the new messages/texts. I could produce them for
>   german, shall I send them to the list?

IMO, it is best to send translation stuff to translation teams.

I think this patch is quite a nice piece of work so I have commited it
to CVS repository. It will be in the next release of balsa.

Thanks a lot!

/Pawel
--
Pawel Salek (pawsa@theochem.kth.se) http://www.theochem.kth.se/~pawsa/
Theoretical Chemistry Division, KTH voice: +46 8 790-8202