Re: Balsa newbie questions

On 2001-03-22 10:37 Bob Myers wrote:
> 1. How, if at all, can I get it do display Japanese text in
> mails?

My impression is that balsa should display it "by default". (Is anybody
out there with some experience?) It can definetely display Polish
characters, that's certain.

> 2. I am using IMAP. My inbox is an imap INBOX. This works
> ok. But "Check" and "Get New Mail" do not bring in new mail
> even though it exists on the IMAP server. To get the mail, I
> have to close the inbox and re-open it. What am I doing
> wrong?

Which balsa version do you use? My main mailbox is also IMAP and I don't
observe this kind of problem. What is the IMAP server?

> 4. I like the threading features of Balsa, but I'm not clear
> what "JWZ" threading is.

It is just another threading alorithm, described on
http://www.jwz.org/doc/threading.html
It usually guesses the threading relationship better than simple
threading algorithm.

> 5. (Totally minor bug) Changes to the date format string do
> not take effect until Balsa restarts.

Just close all mailboxes and open them again.

/Pawel
--
Pawel Salek (pawsa@theochem.kth.se) http://www.theochem.kth.se/~pawsa/
Theoretical Chemistry Division, KTH voice: +46 8 790-8202