Re: Outbox traffic jam?

On 2001.06.28 04:10 Raven wrote:

> On 2001.06.28 03:56 Brian Stafford wrote:
> > This is getting quite frustrating...
>
> Understandable. Would a report of progress help?
>
> libESMTP 0.8.2 has taken care of most of my problems. I still can't send
> out a large ( > 1 Meg ) attachment, though. Thre's lots of modem activity
> in the attempt and the dialog box reads:
> 	To: 250 <recipient address>
>
> Eventually, the mail gets shuttled off to the outbox. I suspect that
> there's a timeout problem involved, especially since I'm currently on a
> 56K
> modem at the moment and we are talking a span of minutes before things
> give
> up.

This is AT&T we're talking about as a ISP, yes?  Perhaps they have a
maximum size limit on mail that you're exceeding.  You could test by
delivering to "localhost:25" and telling your local smtp relay to log
verbosely.  You won't get as much detail as a full packet dump, but then
you won't have to deal with as much detail!  And you'll know if it's really
in libesmtp if it gets delivered.

Karl <kop@meme.com>