Re: Outbox traffic jam?

I am still experiencing this same problem, even after downloading the latest libesmtp-0.8.2 last night. However, I find that if I wait patiently for many minutes (more than five), it eventually gets sent out. It is quite disconcerting, though, not something I would want to live with forever.
---scott

On 2001.06.25 07:25 Brian Stafford wrote:
> On Mon, 25 June 13:09 Raven wrote:
>
> | Question the second:
> | I have need to send attachments through e-mail of greater than 1 Meg in
> | size (Microsquish executable files and such). However, when I try to do
> | this, Balsa (or libestmp, I don't know) pauses for an inordinate length
of
> | time, reports that the mail could not be sent and deposits the mail in
the
> | Outbox. I've started using Spruce for that explicit purpose, since it
> | works, but I'd rather only use one mailer. Any thoughts?
>
> As libESMTP progresses through the protocol, information is reported
> in the Balsa Information dialogue or the console (depending how you've
> set it up in the preferences).
>
> It would be useful to know the SMTP status codes reported by Balsa,
> especially the final one.

When the pause occurs, the dialog box reads (in my case):
	250 From: <ravens_nest@att.net>
which you may deduce is my e-mail address.

There was one point, however, at which I could not send anything.
Everything got queued into the Outbox. When (in a fit of exasperation) I
deleted everything in the Outbox. The dialog appeared "Could not delete
message body". However, once I did this, they byte length of the Outbox
file went to zero, and everything started working properly. So, perhaps
something is corrupting the Outbox such that libesmtp can't properly read
its contents. Ultimately a balsa problem of some sort. And perhaps trying
to send a multi-Meg file encourages that kind of corruption.

Is this a help?

Raven
Raven (not the OTHER Raven, THAT Raven! :-)
<ravens_nest@att.net> <http://home.att.net/~ravens_nest>

And if love remains
Though everything is lost
We will pay the price