Message dragging

Hi folks,

After a quick chat with Carlos in IRC, I'm going to bring this up here.

Dragging messages around has recently been removed.  I don't think it
should have been.  It makes logical sense...

Moving a piece of paper (message) around with your hand (cursor) and
placing it on a folder (folder) moves it there.

Also, the old default action was to copy.  I think this should be changed
to moving it because of the above intuitiveness.  The transfer context menu
could be changed to copy, but I think it should just be dropped.  People
know that holding down ctrl while dragging makes a copy.

I have a lot of mail that comes into my inbox that I read and then file
away.  This used to be jsut a matter of dragging it to where I wanted it
(and holding down shift), but now it's right click-select transfer-click on
folder.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who deals with mail like this.

This e-mail is to promote discussion.  If people agree on the above
suggestions I can make a patch to make them go, but I'd sooner not waste
time making it if people are against the idea.

Opinions?

--

Daniel Foster - daniel@34SP.com