Re: Nameserver calls - libesmtp problem?

On Fri, 22 June 13:38 Albrecht Dreß wrote:

A thought occurrs to me ...

| O.K., I tried the example code there... and it does *NOT* *NOT* dial
| in when I
| try to resolve localhost (see the attached c program...). Now it's
| your turn
| to explain that...

Could you build the example program that comes with libESMTP and
try sending the test mail in the examples directory to localhost.
See if that does the DNS query.

What I'm thinking is that the gethostbyname_r that libESMTP links
to is being affected by resolver options set in Balsa or libmutt
that aren't set in your test program.  THe test program is pretty
simple so its easier to know what's going on than when libESMTP is
being used within Balsa.

Brian