Re: POP3 critical problem

On Thu, 21 June 16:37 Jonas Anden wrote:

| I thought the creators of fetchmail
| might have been foreseeing enough to write a POP libary and a tiny
| application that uses the library (thought I had seen a
| fetchmail-devel

Not that I'm aware of.

| packet installed on my machine). Obviously, I was mistaken.

I understand that fetchmail supports a plugin mechanism.  You'd need
the developement RPMs to write one.

| My intention was *not* to use the fetchmail program, but rather a POP
| library that might (should!) be "out there" to replace the internal
| (unstable) POP interface. The same way libesmtp replaces sendmail.

I think "should be" is the correct synopsis.  I'm not aware of
any POP 3 client libraries, but then its not something I've ever
looked for.

If anyone is up to the challenge; it would be a simple matter to
layer a POP 3 API over libESMTPs lower level stuff.  Such a client
would be able to buffer and pipeline, something balsa's current client
cannot do.

Brian