Re: POP3 critical problem

> | Just thought of something; In the name of the unix KISS philosophy,
> | why should balsa handle POP3 at all?
>
> Using external programs as agents to handle protocols does not
> simplify anything at all!

Perhaps you understood my suggestion. I thought the creators of fetchmail
might have been foreseeing enough to write a POP libary and a tiny
application that uses the library (thought I had seen a fetchmail-devel
packet installed on my machine). Obviously, I was mistaken.

My intention was *not* to use the fetchmail program, but rather a POP
library that might (should!) be "out there" to replace the internal
(unstable) POP interface. The same way libesmtp replaces sendmail.

  // J