Re: Life, the Universe and GConf

On 2001.07.31 11:36:47 +0200 the MoH wrote:
> besides that: if I'm not completely wrong you can write yyour own backends
> to gconf so that it is not "space- and inode-wasting"
> For example there is already a db-backend.
>
> If you like text-files why don't write a backend which storese everything
> in one huge (perhaps gzip-compressed) textfile?

write.... own.... backend.....

so we end up with every gnome user and his own backend, which gives
us 100% compatibility. dude, i chewed through all this. and i dont
want to write a new backend. i dont have the time writing such a
backend and i dont want to read the gconf specs to write one. if they
planned well before, then theres no need to write an backend now.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de