Re: Life, the Universe and GConf

[snip]

  | > A solution must be found, but it can't be as space- and inode-wasting
  | as GConf
  | > seems to be. It also shouldn't be as opaque as the registry in
  | Windows. I
  | > believe that there will be major changes when GConf starts messing
  | up, and
  | > that Balsa should move there once the bugs are out.
  |
  | well oki i would agree if they change the way gconf operates now but i
  | dont
  | think they will change it. besides mentioned that your program doesnt
  | do save
  | of preferences or configs, it sents all stuff to the gconf daemon that
  | does
  | this for you.. looks funny if gconf daemon crashes or xfree crashes.

besides that: if I'm not completely wrong you can write yyour own backends
to gconf so that it is not "space- and inode-wasting"
For example there is already a db-backend.

If you like text-files why don't write a backend which storese everything
in one huge (perhaps gzip-compressed) textfile?

just my 0,02$

[snip]

c ya the MoH
 \ /   ASCII Ribbon Campaign               the MoH               \ /
  X   - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail         c u @ www.YTC-GAT.de        X
 / \  - NO MSWord docs in e-mail   contact:masterofheap@gmx.net  / \