Help files

Can someone give me a pointer to guidelines for help files? I added some
text to help/C/balsa.sgml for adding IMAP subfolders, and it's there in
CVS, but it doesn't seem to make it into any of the installed html files.

At one point, text in a <sect1 id="...">...</sect1> container went into its
own html file, and text in a <sect2 id="...">...</sect2> container had a
NAME anchor. That doesn't seem to be the case any more.

The ``GNOME Handbook of Writing Software Documentation'' (
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp/handbook/gdp-handbook/ ) has a
section on ``Application Help Buttons'', but it's too cryptic for me--does
anyone understand how to make this work?

TIA--Peter