Re: Fwd: Re: wrap problem [albrecht dress arcormail de]

On 2001-07-30 05:41 M . Thielker wrote:
> > (2) Do a "reflow body". Now at the end of each line you will find
> > additional
> > \n's. This means that you virtually lost the information where a
> paragraph
> > and where a line ends.
> >
> True, in the current setup. False, generally speaking. Maybe Balsa
> needs to support the concept of "soft" breaks...

Well, the (Gtk)Text widget should support soft widget concept first...
The empty line end-of-paragraph mark is also traditional way of marking
paragraphs with LaTeX and in emacs, this is why I think it is common
enough.

BTW, there is another issue with this reflow_string procedure: it work
correctly for 8-bit ASCII texts only. There are several bug reports of
it crashing for unicode (basically because the way it iterates over the
string is incorrect for unicode).

/Pawel
--
Pawel Salek (pawsa@theochem.kth.se) http://www.theochem.kth.se/~pawsa/
Theoretical Chemistry Division, KTH voice: +46 8 790-8202