GConf (was Re: Balsa (cvs 07-27-2001) crashes on html mail)

On 2001.07.29 01:36 Ali Akcaagac wrote:
> gnome_config in this case the old configuration file placed in
> ~/.gnome/balsa
>
> and
>
> gconf the new way of gnome configuring which is placed in
> ~/.gconf/<subdir>
>
> where subdir is a directorytree with 'x' amount of subdirs and
> another 'x' amount of gconf.xml files.
>
> here an attached example of how gnome 1.4 and 2.0 prefereabely want to
> store all configuration files :) here the way how nautilus uses
> to store its configurations. instead one simple plain textfile you
> get this.

Balsa does not yet used GConf for storing configuration. We would need to
require gnome-1.4 then, at least. This step needs to be done, the question
is: when (of course, having the GConf code ready cannot hurt).

So, I would like to ask whether is gnome-1.4 common enough to make this
transition now? (I have gnome-1.4 on all boxes that run balsa, but not all
boxes I have under my control run it).

/Pawel
-----
Pawel Salek, pawsa@theochem.kth.se