Re: Just another URL patch...

On 2001.07.23 21:13:13 +0200 Albrecht Dreß wrote:
> * always sets the default cursor for a mail containing an URL to remove a
> "little unbehave" discovered by Ali Akcaagac several weeks ago.
>
> Please send me any comments to let me improve this stuff!!

hi albrecht, the patch is cool. works perfectly on mails with
containing URLS...

you enter the message body and the mouse shape is an top left pointing
arrow. going on the url the mouse shape becomes the hand and if moving
out of the text it changes back to top left pointer...

.....but :)

now sent yourself an email without any URLS inside.. e.g. write
yourself an email with e.g. only some lines of random text. make
sure no 'url' will be included into the mail (e.g. through signatures)

now enter that text with the mouse and you see that the mouse
shape doesnt change. it stays the

     ---

     ---

sign. my suggestion would be, to leave the default gtk way of
mouseshapes for the textfield. the best solution would be for
your URL routine.

a) save the old DEFAULT mouseshape value that was provided by GTK
   for textfield issues. i think it will point to an integer,
   address or pointer.
b) change to mouseshape to the hand whenever over an url
c) change back to default saved value

so we dont break any consistency within the gtk widget. well its
just cosmetics and not necessarily needed to be changed but maybe
an issue to think about.

cheers.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac