POP mail re-retrieving...

So I had my POP mail box set to not delete messages from the server and
noticed I had quite a stack of them piling up. I thought it best to switch
to deleting them from the server after downloading...ok, easy enough. Now
Balsa is re-retrieving (and then deleting) all the messages in my POP box.
... 2.5 Mb and I have a slow dialup connection ... hmm. Did modifying the
settings
reset the message counter or something? Might be something to fix before
2.0.

-Steve