Re: RFE: forward to INCLUDE attachments?

Hi,

On 2001.07.25 02:18 Ali Akcaagac wrote:
> i for my side would like something like this too. pressing forward
> and it also contains the attachments but thats all a matter of
> RFC.

As far as I can see, the RFCs do not specify this. They wouldn't, either,
because that's a MUA feature and RFC 822/2822 only specify message formats.
In my opinion, forwarded messages should include the attachments.
I see an internet RFC 2822 message as a text stream, regardless of what's
encoded in there, preceded by a header. If I forward a message, I forward
the _entire_ message and only rewrite the header according to RFC 2822. The
message text, which from mym point of view is to be seen as an opaque text
stream, should be copied verbatim, not split into text and binary parts,
nothing should be added or omitted.
The implementation may choose to split the content parts for display
purposes, as Balsa does, but it should be able to reassemble the original,
unmodified message if the user so desires.
The only change to the message body that should happen automatically is
prepending a text section giving the parts of the original header that are
replaced: