Re: huge mailboxes

Hello

I'm using balsa and I'm another fan of mailing lists ;-)
But I'm wondering what you call "huge files".
I'm currently having mboxes with more than 500 messages in it, and it takes
no more than 1 second to open (the first time you load it).
For info, I'm using a Pentium III 800 with 512 Mb RAM.

But for sure, why not improve the overall performance, it cannot hurt.
The problem with compressed mailbox is that one wouldn't be able to read
his mail with mutt anymore, for example. Or perhaps I am missing something
?