Re: Adding folders for Maildir mailboxes

On 2001.07.18 21:32 Peter Bloomfield wrote:
> My impression is that these dialogs are for making *new* Balsa
connections
> to *existing* mailboxes of the various types. The `Mailbox name' seems to
> be used for display when the mailbox is first shown, but when you restart
> Balsa, the local folder scanner sets up a mailbox with a name based on
> the file/directory name.
>
> It would be useful to add the capability to really *create* new mailboxes
> (i.e., including the disk files/directories needed)--in fact, I'd say
that
> was a requirement for Balsa to move to the status of user-friendly!

No, the Maildir dialog *will* create a mailbox correctly, on the condition
that the folder it is to be placed in already exists. The problem is
creating folders on the fly.

Raven
Raven (not the OTHER Raven, THAT Raven! :-)
<ravens_nest@att.net> <http://home.att.net/~ravens_nest>

And if love remains
Though everything is lost
We will pay the price