Re: Mailboxes

On 2001.07.18 02:49 Brian Stafford wrote:
> On Tue, 17 July 22:11 Raven wrote:
>
> > > For more on maildir see http://cr.yp.to/proto/maildir.html
> >
> > Well, having read that web page, I've managed to determine that what
I'm
> > doing isn't maildir. I guess the next questions are:
> > 1) what *am* I doing,
>
> Probably Berkeley mbox.  Giveaway is the "From sender@domain Wed, ...."
> line seperating messages.

Opened a typical mailbox in a text editor. Bingo!

By the way, aren't the balsa boxes (sent, out, draft, trash) and the mail
spool in that format too?

> > 2) is there an interface in balsa so I don't have to do it from gmc,
>
> Not sure what you mean here.

In other words, is there something in balsa's gui to create mailboxes
correctly. Last I checked that code was broken.

> > 3) if maildir is really preferred, is there a way to convert my current
> > mailboxes to that format.
>
> Try the qmail web pages (maildir was introduced with qmail).  There are
loads
> of links to all kinds of utilities.
>
> http://www.qmail.org/

I'll look there in the morning (my time US CDT). I've got a couple of other
questions along these lines, but I'll give it a rest for now.

Raven
Raven (not the OTHER Raven, THAT Raven! :-)
<ravens_nest@att.net> <http://home.att.net/~ravens_nest>

And if love remains
Though everything is lost
We will pay the price