Mailboxes

Okay, don't laugh. I realize that this is a novice level question, but I'd
like to know some thing basic.

If I drop down the context menu in the mailbox tree, there are three kinds
of mailboxes I can create (I know what IMAP is and it's not relevaant for
me). There's mbox, Maildir, and MB. What is the difference between them and
when should each be used. My current method of creating folders and
mailboxes, which I discovered before this code was stable, is to find the
place in the ~/mail directory that I want to place my folder or mailbox in
and either make a new directory to create a folder or issue a touch command
in the appropriate directory to create a mailbox. I then go back to balsa
and rescan the tree.

I'd like to keep the same file format for future mailboxes, but if there is
a working way to get that effect from the balsa interface, I'd be very
happy.

Thanks,

Raven
Raven (not the OTHER Raven, THAT Raven! :-)
<ravens_nest@att.net> <http://home.att.net/~ravens_nest>

And if love remains
Though everything is lost
We will pay the price