Re: Cannot send messages (SMPT protocol error) !

On Tue, 17 July 12:48 "Chausson, Cedric (FR - Neuilly)" wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am currently unable to send messages using Balsa although I can download
> them.
>
> I use my ISPs mail server for both SMPT and POP. Retrieving messages works
> fine but when I try to send a message I get the message :
>
> "SMTP protocol error : cannot send your message putting it into Outbox"

There are likely a few other SMTP related messages before this one.  They
should give the clue to the problem.

> I cant figure out what is wrong. In the Preferences section the adress for
> my server is good and the port specified is 25 which I figure is correct. I
> can also send messages using that same server with Netscape messenger so its
> not the server.
>
> I have had no problem of this type until I upgraded my Balsa version
> recently at the point of which Balsa crashed several times before it
> stabilized but gave me that error message.
>
> Has anyone an idea about this ? Is it a known issue or bug ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> P.S : I have currently no idea what exact version of Balsa I upgraded to but
> its superior to 1.0.0 but the exact version eludes me. I hope that wont be
> too much of problem.
>

> Cédric CHAUSSON

Make sure you are using libESMTP 0.8.3, previous 0.8.x versions are
problematic and unsupported (by me at any rate :)

I can't give any more advice without knowing what version of Balsa and
libESMTP you are running.

Brian Stafford