Cannot send messages (SMPT protocol error) !

Hello all,

I am currently unable to send messages using Balsa although I can download
them.

I use my ISPs mail server for both SMPT and POP. Retrieving messages works
fine but when I try to send a message I get the message :

"SMTP protocol error : cannot send your message putting it into Outbox"

I cant figure out what is wrong. In the Preferences section the adress for
my server is good and the port specified is 25 which I figure is correct. I
can also send messages using that same server with Netscape messenger so its
not the server.

I have had no problem of this type until I upgraded my Balsa version
recently at the point of which Balsa crashed several times before it
stabilized but gave me that error message.

Has anyone an idea about this ? Is it a known issue or bug ?

Thanks in advance.

P.S : I have currently no idea what exact version of Balsa I upgraded to but
its superior to 1.0.0 but the exact version eludes me. I hope that wont be
too much of problem.

Cédric CHAUSSON