Re: remote smtp server in balsa-1.1.6?

On 2001.07.16 20:20:19 +0100 Fernan Aguero wrote:
> I upgraded from balsa-1.1.4 to 1.1.6 and started having problems to send
> messages. I am behind a firewall and my local sendmail does not have
> access to the outside world. Instead I have to use my Institution's main
> smtp server. Apparently there is no option for it in balsa-1.1.6 (at least
> I don't see it in the settings dialog).

Thisis exactly the configuration where the balsa + libESMTP combo should
excel.

In the Settings/Preferences/Mail Servers dialogue, set the Remote SMTP Server
to the domain name of your Institution's SMTP server.  Note that Balsa uses
the RFC 2476 mail submission port 587 by default.  If you have a legacy
SMTP server that still requires mail submissions on port 25, specify the
server something like "your.servers.domain:25".  If you need to log
on to the server, enter your username and password in the boxes below.

There should be no problems once this step is set up correctly.

Brian Stafford