Re: Installation help

On 2001.07.16 17:24:41 +0200 PSR wrote:
> In the end, I decided to compile from the most recent sources, and I've
> successfully done that, and even successfully sent and received a test
> message.

nice

> However, I've now got into rather a mess, and balsa hangs when I
> start it up.  As far as I can remember, the only changes I made were to
> enable deletion from the server and procmail filtering.  The next time I
> started balsa it crashed.

strange, this shouldnt crash balsa. IMHO.

> One thing I wondered was where does balsa store its settings?  I can't find a
> .balsarc file to edit to undo these changes.

no, balsa is a gnome app so it depends on GConf. you find the config files in
your homedir ~/.gnome/balsa and the secret passwords in ~/.gnome_private/balsa

> Perhaps I should also mention that when I started balsa up the first time, it
> seemed to recognise that I had used balsa before and didn't give me the setup
> options window that you get the first time.  Could it be that the previous
> installation of an earlier version of the program is messing things up?

no usually not. but this depends what version you used before. if you want to
start over with a new setup, then remove both files named above.

> Another element in the equation was that balsa would work from the command
> line, but not from the Blackbox menu.

dunno.

> I'd be very grateful for some guidance.  I don't know much about mail
> programs, MTAs, etc.  My working setup has been with Kmail and postfix.

thats all i can offer now.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de