Re: Installation help

On Friday 13 July 2001 00:10, you wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, PSR wrote:
> > I tried installing libesmtp-0.8.2-2.i386.rpm, but was told it needed
> > libcrypto.so.0.9.6
>
> ppm -Uvh --nodeps libesmtp-0.8.2-2.i386.rpm
>
> If you have openssl-0.9.6 installed, you are fine. For some reason the RPM
> doesnt see it.

In the end, I decided to compile from the most recent sources, and I've
successfully done that, and even successfully sent and received a test
message. However, I've now got into rather a mess, and balsa hangs when I
start it up.  As far as I can remember, the only changes I made were to
enable deletion from the server and procmail filtering.  The next time I
started balsa it crashed.

One thing I wondered was where does balsa store its settings?  I can't find a
.balsarc file to edit to undo these changes.

Perhaps I should also mention that when I started balsa up the first time, it
seemed to recognise that I had used balsa before and didn't give me the setup
options window that you get the first time.  Could it be that the previous
installation of an earlier version of the program is messing things up?
Another element in the equation was that balsa would work from the command
line, but not from the Blackbox menu.

I'd be very grateful for some guidance.  I don't know much about mail
programs, MTAs, etc.  My working setup has been with Kmail and postfix.

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber
rkimber@ntlworld.com