Re: Full Headers?

On Tue, 10 July 16:07 balsa@microwave.com wrote:

> Er, yes, thats why I mentioned 2822 in parens.. I dont beleive, however,
> that 2822 makes any significant changes to the format often referred to as
> "RFC-822" format, other than possibly a rename to "RFC-2822" format..

RFC 2822 clarifies many ambiguities in 822, corrects mistakes, is rather
less liberal in the permitted syntax of headers.  It devotes 8 pages to
obsolete syntax and appendix B lists 30 significant changes from earlier
standards.  Not all valid RFC 822 messages are valid RFC 2822 messages.

Brian Stafford