Re: accessing HTTP mail servers

On 2001.01.30 18:35:47 +0000 Erik Poch wrote:

> I have been able to get my IMAP mail servers up and running fine through
> the use of Balsa, but I have not been able to access my hotmail account
> through it yet.  It is not a necessity for me since I can use the
> Internet,
> but I was wondering if anyone out there knew how to access a site such as
> hotmail or yahoo through balsa.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You're not supposed to. There is no such thing as "HTTP mail servers".
there are html pages which let you access otherwise unreachable mail boxes
by using strange forms.

there are stuff like http://hawkins.emu.id.au/gotmail/ specially designed
fetch mail from hotmail and the likes. look it up on freshmeat.net

--
Carlos Morgado - chbm(at)chbm(dot)nu - http://chbm.nu/ -- gpgkey:
0x1FC57F0A