Re: compose window error! <speed>

On 2001.01.23 10:57:53 +0100 Berend De Schouwer wrote:
> The problem is that ideally we would like to set the gtk-text widget
> size, and not the window size.  The reason for this is that we'd
> like to avoid having to calculate/guess the scrollbar, gtk-border,
> and other sizes.  (Is this assumption wrong?)

no of course not!

> But there appears to be no gtk_widget_set_default_size().  The problem
> with gtk_set_usize() is it doesn't allow for re-sizing.
>
> I've tried to do it with gtk_requisition/allocation(), but I must
> have done something wrong, because it didn't do anything :(

where you are at it!

i am using gnome and themes support sine 3 days. typing in the composer is
more than a pain right now, because every charackter takes nearly 0.5-1sek
to be typed into the composer window. any idea how to increase the
performance DRAMATICALLY ? comparable editors (at least composer == editor)
under the same theme has full speed. i would appreciate an solution for that
if possibly.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de