Re: 553 Syntax Error

On Jan 15 2001 01:16 Keith Nasman wrote:
> I have set up Postfix to handle the mail for my domain. I am running Balsa
> 1.0.1 and I can't send mail to another of my accounts. I can send just fine
> from pine but doing so from Balsa gives me the error below. I am able to
> send messages to other domains such as yahoo.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Keith
>

> On 2001.01.15 16:58:08 +0800 Mail Delivery System wrote:
> This is the Postfix program at host skua.ahapala.net.
>
> I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned
> below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.
>
> For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

> delete your own text from the message returned below.
>
> 			The Postfix program
>
> <nasman@teleport.com>: host web3.teleport.com[63.208.208.146] said: 553
> syntax
>     error, please forward to your postmaster (#5.7.1)

Well, looking up the error code in the RFC says 553 is a:

553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed
            [E.g., mailbox syntax incorrect]

So I don't know exactly how balsa would have any effect on it. It sounds
like a mailserver config problem with only that info (although I only
use qmail and am not an expert in all things mailserverish).

MBG

--
Matthew Guenther                    The gent who wakes up and finds himself
guentherm@asme.org                  a success hasn't been asleep.