Commas and Quotes in e-mail addresses.

Hi,

I've been tracking this bug, and have found out the following:
- When the user hits send, and the e-mail address, Balsa
  will pass the e-mail address as
  '"Doe, John" <john.doe@domain.com>'
- libmutt will append the address to the mailbox with the
  RFC822 header 'To:' as
  'To: "\"Doe, John\"" <john.doe@domain.com>'
  This is legal, but redundant.  According to RFC822,
  it would be legal to use 'To: "Doe, John" <john.doe@domain.com>'
  (See Appendix A.1.3)
- When loading the mailbox, libmutt transforms this 'To:' header,
  and loads it as: '"\Doe, John\" <john.doe@domain.com>'
  It loads it incorrectly.

Because Balsa first saves a send message to the outbox, before sending
it, (see libbalsa/send.c/libbalsa_message_send()), it trips over
its own feet.

So here are three patches.

Patch #1 fixes the loading of those addresses.  I needed to patch
libmutt/rfc822.c/parse_quote().  I am fairly confident that this
this is the right way to read mailboxes.

Patch #2 fixes the writing of those addresses.  I needed to patch
libmutt/rfc822.c/rfc822_write_address_single().  I am not so
confident that this is the right place to patch this, but it
does work.

Patch #3 simply combines the two other patches.

Please, someone who knows the libmutt/libbalsa interaction better,
check if these patches are fine.

Kind regards,
Berend

--
Berend De Schouwer, +27-11-712-1435, UCS

quote-1.patch.gz

quote-2.patch.gz

quote-3.patch.gz