Re: Removing folders...

On 2001-02-13 19:17 Christian Bockermann wrote:
> So looking at the objects constructed during balsa start, we have
> ---> balsa_app
> which is the root application object. It has got mailbox_nodes,
> which are double-linked to a list. So balsa_app.mailbox_nodes is the
> head of this list, right ?

It is a tree, really. Each node can have siblings and children.
balsa_app.mailbox_nodes is the root.

> Then there is mblist, which is a double-linked list of mailbox_nodes.
> This is the GUI-representation.

This is again a tree. And yes, it is GUI representation.

> I don't see the point where the connection to a mailbox-file on disk
> is.

src/save-restore.c loads mailbox_nodes from the disk. it provides also
functions to save mailboxes when they are changed.

> Is there a document describing the whole structure or parts of it of
> balsa ?

Not to my knowledge. I guess the reason is that the internal structure
changes frequently. Personally, I prefer clean, self-descriptive code (I
don't claim balsa is one): External documentation tends to be out of
date (solutions like javadoc are the ones to go for, IMHO).

/Pawel