Re: Removing folders...

Hi !

On 2001.02.13 12:53:48 Pawel Salek wrote:
> Before I answer, I would like to settle the nomenclature here so there
> is no confusion (this is my nomenclature, I am open for improvements):
>
> - mailbox is a set of mails.
> - folder is a set of mailboxes and other folders, forming a tree.
>
> When you write "folder" you mean "mailbox", don't you?

Yes, you're right. I meant mailbox.

> Balsa has somewhat unnecesserily complex structure. First, there is
> mailbox and folder configuration data on the disk, in ~/.gnome/balsa
> file. Then, the folders&mailboxes are loaded to
> balsa_app.mailbox_nodes,
> possibly scanning the local/IMAP folders and appending respective
> MailboxNodes (frankly, I would like to get rid of this structure).

This is the point where I have some problems. I am completely new to the
inner parts of balsa. So looking at the objects constructed during balsa
start, we have
---> balsa_app
which is the root application object. It has got mailbox_nodes,
which are double-linked to a list. So balsa_app.mailbox_nodes is the
head
of this list, right ?
Then there is mblist, which is a double-linked list of mailbox_nodes.
This
is the GUI-representation.

I don't see the point where the connection to a mailbox-file on disk is.
Maybe I have to have a look at all files. Is there a document describing
the whole structure or parts of it of balsa ?

If not, I will have to do some more investigation ;-)

> Next,
> mailbox_nodes are almost directly converted to mblist (GtkCtree), the
> widget that shows the mailbox tree. When a mailbox/folder is removed,
> it
> has to be removed from all three places: (a) configuration file, (b)
> mailbox_nodes and (c) mblist, or removed from (a) and (b) and
> recreating
> (c) from (b) using mblist_repopulate.

I'll try to have a look at the configuration-file, too. I do not have a
complete clue, how all these things are connected, yet. I hope I will in
the future. ;-)

> Your contribution (preferred form: patch, but any contribution will
> do) is most welcome.

I will try to and give my best. BTW, I passed the test... ;-)

--
Bye,
	Chris