Re: Balsa 1.0.0 installation problem...

On 2001-02-12 02:02 Michael Weichert wrote:
> Balsa sounds very promising. I downloaded the source, because I want
> HTML enabled. I am using Redhat 7 and Helix Gnome. Anyways, when I
> type "./configure" everything goes through okay except I get an error
> with libpspell. Meanwhile, I have aspell installed. Does Balsa require
> pspell? Well, whenever I attempt to install pspell - I get many errors
> that one file conflicts with another. Any suggestions?

1. you have got to have pspell. I have RH 7.0 on one of my boxes and
there was no problem with installation of both aspell and pspell, they
come both as pre-packaged rpms (I think they may be a bit old now but
they suffice). If you go for more recent versions, it is difficult to
give advice how to resolve conflicts without further details.

2. I guess you have gtkhtml-0.8 or newer: I remember gtkhtml-0.5 tend to
crash occasionally.

/Pawel