Re: cannot send mail from balsa (rh linux 7.2)

On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 12:46:26AM -0500, Duane Douglas wrote:

> At 08:39 PM 12/30/2001 -0800, Jon Tai wrote:
>
> > Do you have libesmtp installed? (I think RH7.2 installs it by
> > default, check by running the command "rpm -q libesmtp")
> >
> > Oh, and just for reference, what version of balsa are you using? -
> > Jon
>
> i think that i don't have my outbox configured correctly. how do i
> determine the balsa configuration for outgoing mail?
simple hints:

a) get a new balsa version libESMTP version FAQ relating to permissions
b) get a newof mailboxes our balsa is compiled using libESMTP and that
c) read the it doesn't unresolvable library errors sa preferences
d) look if yand check if you get something where you can MTP info
   cause anywhile entering your.smtp.com add a :25 after it ike
e) go to balyour.smtp.com:25 in that field. if you don't get these he r
   enter youStmaintainer of that RPM package probably compiled it g s
   this looklsendmail. in this case better get the correct RPM's from en
   fields thpage since configuring sendmail could be a pain. m and run
   against usinbalsa through that xterm and watch the output when il.
   balsa's homemaybe you get output like 'xxxxxxx require all recipients
f) open xterwords you should care for is 'require all recipients' if p
   sending amathen your libesmtp isn't compiled using these functions.
   blah xxxxx' visit balsa's homepage and get the correct library.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de