Re: cannot send mail from balsa (rh linux 7.2)

On 31 Dec 2001, 01:36:26 PM Duane Douglas wrote:

> i'm new to balsa and linux, so please bear with me.
> i get the following error message when i attempt to send mail from balsa:
> "Message delivery problem, placing it into your outbox. System will attempt
> to redeliver the message until you delete it."
> afaik, pop and smtp are configured correctly.  can someone please help me
> troubleshoot this?

fire up your favourite text editor on whatever your outgoing mailbox is set
to, and check the To: and Cc: fields. You may well find too many double quote

"

characters in those fields. Delete everything in the field outside of the
address (either with or without the < or > characters), save the mailbox and
then go back to balsa and choose "send queued mail"

hth,
James C. McPherson
--
TSG Engineer (Kernel/Storage)           828 Pacific Highway
APAC Customer Care Centre               Gordon NSW

Failfast panic: those controlling voices in my head have
stopped telling me what to do.....

Read about the VOS Initiative at http://www.vosinitiative.com