Re: cannot send mail from balsa (rh linux 7.2)

On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 02:44:48PM +1100, James McPherson - TSG Engineer wrote:
> >  From ddouglas@acedsl.com Sun Dec 30 21:40:58 2001
> > Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 21:40:58 -0500
> > From: Duane Douglas <ddouglas@acedsl.com>
>
> I'm not sure that you are allowed to have the first From line
> starting with a space character (maybe one of the others on the
> list can advise). No matter, have a look in your /var/log/syslog or
> /var/log/maillog and look for an error message around the time you
> tried to send the mail. That should give you a better pointer to what
> the issue is.

yes, actually you are allowed. reading the bat (sendmail) myself right
now it's mentioned inside that this like is not necessarily required by
the MTA. only some delivery programs like mail, procmail etc. append
this stuff after the mail get's passed through the MTA to procmail and
then the mbox.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de