Re: Headers in Message View / Help does not work.

I just read today that there is now a bonobo wrapper for vim and they have
hacked up evolution to use it.  Check out this URL:     *  GNOME Vim page:
       http://www.opensky.ca/gnome-vim/
     * screenshot of Evolution with "Vim inside":
       http://www.opensky.ca/gnome-vim/gnome-vim.png

julian

On 2001.12.18 16:25 Lang Hurst wrote:
> I second the final sentiment.  If/when my coding skills get good enough,
> I'll try to figure out how to make balsa use vim for the text widget.

> On 12/18/01 at 11:55 PM Jochen Kunz wrote:
>
> >Hi.
> >
> >After getting balsa to work on Tru64, there are some issus left, that
> >are not related to the build process:
> >- The selected headers are not shown in the message view. There is
> >Subject, Date, From, To all the time regardless of the settings in the
> >preferences.
> >- Help does not work. Are there any extra libs needed to get to work?
> >- I have to start any gnome app with --no-xshm, but gimp works well.
> >- This gnome / gtk text widget sucks. I want vim. ;-)
> >--
> >

> >tschüß,
> >         Jochen
> >
> >Homepage: http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/
>

> --
> Lang
>
> Is uniformity attainable?  Millions of innocent men, women, and
> children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt,
> tortured, fined, imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards
> uniformity.  What has been the effect of coercion?  To make one half
> of the world fools, and the other half hypocrites.
>   -- Thomas Jefferson

mail : julian @ catchen.org         | ( topeka )
www  : http://catchen.org/topeka/   |  phx, az
sent : Tue Dec 18, 2001 06:47PM MST |
The state continues to kill its victims, not so much to defend society
against
then -- for it could do that equally well by imprisonment -- but to appease
the mob's emotions of hatred and revenge.
                       --Clarence S. Darrow, "The Futility of the Death
Penalty",
                         Forum, September 1928