Re: Suggestions

On 2001.12.12 22:18 Andreas Tannert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> first of all I want to say: Balsa is a very nice e-mail client! Perhaps
> even
> the best for Linux.
> Thanx to all working on improving balsa!
>
> But even very good things can be better ;-)!
>
> I miss ... :
>
> ... the possibility to seach in a mailbox and I hope that this feature
> will
> be in balsa 1.3.0

That's possible with the filters patch (bugzilla #63459). But perhaps you
should wait a bit, I plan to send new patches soon. This patch adds
filters support (that you guessed it already) and search functions (search
is done by very flexible matching : you can match on several headers or
even body (this is slowier), with just substring match or even regex). But
consider it as beta, so even if it does not crash for me, it can for you
;). I don't think it can actually corrupt you messages (besides the fact
that every crash lose you last modifs), but you're no aware that it's beta.
So if you want to try it, I would be grateful for bug feedback (it can be
GUI comments...)

Bye
Manu