Re: libesmtp rpms - Outbox still driving me crazy . . Solved - Bug?

On Wed, 29 August 16:45 Peter Bloomfield wrote:

> If I were a betting person, my money would be on port 587 (submission) vs. 25
> (smtp).
> For instance, the last time I checked my ISP's mail machine, it didn't respond
> on 587,
> and yours probably doesn't either.

smtp.uklinux.net does!

But it's not that.  The 25 vs 587 thing is fairly well understood (I hope) and
has been discussed at length on the list.  In Philip's case, the example program
worked.  That's what was so confusing in this instance!  The problem appears to
be a mangled balsa configuration.

Brian