Identities and Bcc:

Hi all,

Just messing around with some of the settings in identities and noticed that
the Bcc: field isn't, I feel, showing the desired behaviour.

I'm presuming that the intent is for the message sender to mail a personal copy
of the letter to a suitable mailbox.  Unfortunately, this is not what Bcc:,
as described in RFC 2822 and implemented in Balsa, does.  Basically Bcc: is
the wrong mechanism for this purpose.

Ideally, the Bcc recipients listed in the identity are not added directly to
the message's bcc: list.  The algorithm should be as follows:
if the message has bcc recipients, add the identity's bcc recipient to the
Bcc: copy of the message.  That way the message sender gets the message
with the Bcc: header intact.  If there are no bcc recipients add the identity's
bcc recipients to the normal copy of the message.

The current behaviour causes the message to be posted twice which is
unnecessary when there are no explicit Bcc: recipients.  Also there is no
need for the identity bcc: mailbox to be listed in a message header (ie bcc:)
I feel that the identity the Bcc: field should be labelled as "Additional
Recipients" or an equivalent.

(Before anyone comments: I'd like to put this on bugzilla, but it freaks out
my copy of Mozilla just now for some reason)

Brian