Re: libesmtp rpms - Outbox still driving me crazy . .

On 2001.08.26 16:53:06 +0100 Philip Rhoades wrote:

> I tried your updated srpm with still no luck for the problem described
> under your comments - is there _another_ reason why things would get stuck
> in the outbox?

yes, your server configuration.  try the example program in the libESMTP
distribution which can trace the SMTP session.  That will show where the
problem lies.  This has been discussed many times on the list in the past
and does not need repeating here - its in the archives.

> I had a problem with 1.2pre1 and things sticking in the outbox - Ali said
> it was an esmtp problem and configuring libesmtp with:
>
>          --enable-require-all-recipients

balsa doesn't even link without this.

> - I also used:
>
>          --enable-emulate-getaddrinfo

No point if you use RH Linux.  Its already in glibc2.  If you need it, configure
will stop and tell you.  If you supply it and don't need it, configure will stop
and tell you.  The reason for this is that on systems that do require getaddrinfo()
there are better ways to get it than the emulation supplied with libESMTP.
Besides, this is a libESMTP 0.8.5 feature.

Search the archives and try the things suggested.  This will narrow the problem.
libESMTP works.

Brian Stafford