Re: BUG: Major problem, data loss

Hi,

On 2001.08.22 23:39 Albrecht Dreß wrote:
> On my box (LinucPPC 2000, glibc 2.1.3, gnome 1.4), running
>
> for fn in <dir>/lib* ; do echo $fn; strings $fn | grep -i junk; done
>
> could not find this string in <dir> set to lib, /usr/lib, /usr/local/lib
> and
> /usr/X11R6/lib. Strange. Maybe it comes from from your MTA (sendmail? I
> use
> postfix, and it deosn't contain it)?

I am using SMTP. The string is contained in cyrus imapd and appears there
because I am using an IMAP sentbox.
Apparently, libbalsa_message_queue uses mutt_write_fcc to writ ethe message
to the outbox first, then to the fccbox. That second invocation of
mutt_write_fcc caused the message, but the email should, at that time, have
already been written to the outbox. So chances are good that it actually did
go out and I just lost my local copy.
However, this points to a problem in formatting messages for storage in
IMAP, probably another case of not quoting strings that may contain spaces.

Melanie