Re: "file:" URLs?

On 2001.08.20 09:23:19 +0200 Toralf Lund wrote:
> > proper permissions... what you want to do in this case is simply
> > *attaching*
> > that file!
> No. I want to send a message to and _internal_ address, and refer to a file
> on a directory shared via NFS and readable by anyone. I do not want to
> attach the file, what I'm looking for is an alternative to attachments, for
> LARGE files sent to (still internal) distribution lists. We do this all the
> time, with Netscape Messenger and others.

then

gnome-vfs is what you need. i think this may be a good solution for
all file related things within gnome sooner or later.

vfs allows us to get/sent files wherever we want no matter if its
network, ftp, localfilesystem or whatever it takes that file as an
object and so on..

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de