Re: Play sound on new mail (feature)

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001 21:02:40 M . Thielker wrote:
> > Rather drastic I should think. Wouldn't it be easyer to add (yet) an
> > other option to Balsa?
> No, this is not a Balsa issue. As a matter of fact, I know of no
> Gnome-compliant way to create beeps from the PC speaker when a sound card
> is installed. It's just not possible to do speaker beeps from within an
> application, I believe.

I use Balsa because its a great mail program, not because it's a part of
Gnome. And to _me_ this would be a usefull feature, wether it should be a
part of Gnome or Balsa matters little to me.

> It really should be in Gnome CC, but I don't thnik there's a demand for
> that in the community at large, so it probably won't be done.

I was talking about me. Chances are that I would get arround to doing my
own option sooner than buying a small speaker and dooing a splitter (which
will most probably both be close to never) =]]]

--
Regards Martin Leopold.
Dept. of Computer Science, University of Copenhagen