Re: Play sound on new mail (feature)

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001 02:22:52 M . Thielker wrote:
> On 2001.08.13 00:33 Martin Leopold wrote:
> > Ahh I see! I useually don't use gnomecc, som I din't notice. I'm only
> > able to select .wav files, is there a way to make the PC-speaker beep?
> as far as I know, the PC speaker will beep on any sound event when there
> is no sound card. When there is a sound card, I don't think it will ever
> beep from within gnome.
> Try to record a beep sound as a wave file and use that.

Trouble is I rarely use the soundcard in the machine my stereo is usually
set to something else (CD, recordplayer or whatever) unless I'm playing an
MP3. So my machine has a soundcard, but it is most often not connected to a
speaker!

--
Regards Martin Leopold.
Dept. of Computer Science, University of Copenhagen