Re: implementing multiple smtp servers...

On 2001.08.14 11:58:26 +0100 christophe barbé wrote:

> Le mar, 14 aoû 2001 12:43:25, Carlos Morgado a écrit :
> > Yes. Rename it to "default esmtp server". Put a radio button on
> > identities
> > "use default esmtp server" vs. "use ...."
> > That way you don't need to update the idents if the default is changed
>
> I disagree here. Why duplicates things. The default SMTP server should be
> the SMTP server of the default identity.
> Please read my previous answer of the same thread and comment it.

The default identity is the ident used by default, not the one with the
default values. I believe making other idents rely on the default ident
settings is a bit awkward, specially considering you can simply mark a new
ident as default and make the "default" policy inconsistent.

the radio button doesn't duplicate anything. you don't have to type the smtp
server info twice anywhere and makes the code simpler.

again, this is just opinion, not fact.

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds